Le Nichoir29 Nov 2016, by blog in
Inaugurated on November 4th, the project idealized by Studio MMA is a success of ecological wise construction realized with a limited economic context, reality of many nonprofit organizations.
Founded in 1996 and located in Hudson, Le Nichoir takes under its wing injured or orphaned birds to give necessary care in order to allow them reintegrated into their natural environment.
Unfortunately, many of these injuries are caused directly or indirectly by human actions. Every year in Canada, about 25 million birds collide with windows or other glazed surfaces.
Be aware that there are solutions to avoid this problem: dandruff with light patterns and acid-etched glasses have been specifically designed to be visible to birds. click here for all the details.
If a bird has collided with a window of your home, or if you find injured or abandoned bird, you can check Le Nichoir FAQ or contact them for assistance.
About Le Nichoir: (source : http://lenichoir.org/home/)
– Le Nichoir has grown to become Canada’s largest songbird rehabilitation centre.
– Nearly 1900 birds representing over 100 species have been brought to the Centre this year.
– Staff and volunteers respond to over 6000 emails and phone calls each year.
– In 2015 volunteers donated over 4600 hours to help care for the birds.
– Birds came to Le Nichoir from over 140 different cities and towns in Quebec last year.
Thank you very much to all the Nichoir team for their warm welcome during our visits!